The Kent & Queen Anne’s Rescue Squad is hiring Maryland BLS & ALS providers!
Positions: EMT-B (Part Time) and Paramedic (Part Time)
Salary: $18.00/hr (BLS) $23.83/hr (ALS)
Closing Date: None
Description: Employees will be responsible for performing the following:
- Basic or Advanced Life Support care
- Operation of EMS response vehicles
- Assist mutual aid fire department activities
- Light maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Light janitorial and landscaping duties
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- US Citizen at least 21 years of age
- Possess valid Maryland EMT-B (or higher), CPR and all required state & federal training
- Emergency vehicle operators course (EVOC) or equivalent
- Possess valid state driver’s license
- Minimum 1 year documented EMS care in a 911/emergency setting
As a condition of employment, applicants will be required to submit to a criminal background check,
drug / alcohol screening, provide verification for all certifications / licenses and submit at least 72 hours
of availability per quarter.
Department Background: The Kent & Queen Anne’s Rescue Squad is a combination volunteer/career,
non-profit organization that provides primary ALS/BLS care to the Chestertown area. The department
also provides water/dive response and rescue/hazardous material support services to surrounding
companies. The department responds to over 1900 calls for service per year from one station located in
Chestertown, Kent County, Maryland. The department operates 3 ALS equipped ambulances, 2 boats,
ATV and other support vehicles.
Submit your resume to: [email protected]
Kevin Carson, BLS Supervisor
Have you thought about becoming a volunteer member? We are ALWAYS accepting applications for volunteers! Click Here for more information!